Sunday, April 02, 2006

On a Scale of 1 to Awesome

My measure of coolness is as follows:

You love Ali G - that's nice

You love Ali G before he got big and went mainstream on HBO and watched his movie and british clips before pop culture got a hold of him - cool.

You love Switchfoot - *shrug*

You loved Switchfoot before the movie "A Walk to Remember" came out and was listening to "meant to live" months before it came out on radio - cool.

You live breathe eat sleep emo - cool... but only in the eyes of 15 year old girls.

You love rock and roll - cool (and always will be regardless of image).

ABC

So today, Jason was speaking in church at last moment's notice (like minutes before sermon time moment's notice). As he opened, he asked how we've been shown love the past week. As a number of people shouted out responses, I drew a blank. How have I been shown that somebody loves me? I was somewhat distraught at my lack of response. But tonight, I remember my answer. The place I work at receives many late arrivals after supper time, and seeing as how the mess closes at 1830hrs, I'm usually the one asked about the best take-out/delivery place there is in town. My response has always been, and always will be the following:




How's that for free advertising? Even their name means love!

Now you may ask why. Well, everytime they get an order from a guest at our place, they always make a special treat for whoever's working. Tonight, the owner of the fine establishment came in with a pizza specially made for me! I never had to ask him for it, all I ever gave him was a smile and an ear to hear. He even left a heart-shaped breadstick in the centre! Now that is love. I feel so blessed.

You eat at Olive Garden - *shrug*

You get pizza delivered to you without asking for it and it's free and made by real italians - super duper cool, fool!

No comments: