Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Random Pewp AKA Relationships

While watching an editorial on SUV's on tv, I learned that the Nissan Xterra (the SUV I would buy if I were to buy an SUV) has the worst rollover rate during traffic accidents.

Today, while listening to the radio, I learned that a recent survey was done and one of the questions asked was "Do you care about how much money your significant other makes?" An astounding 83% of women said that they don't care how much their man makes. I'd say this study is about 17% accurate. A lady called into the radio show to argue and she asked what men would say if they were posed the same question. My answer would be the same as every other male in North America: What does she look like?

But seriously, Pam from my church asked me a while back what I was looking for in a girl. I was too shy to tell her. She finally coaxed it out of me and my response was "Well, I like a girl with nice boobs and a big ass - but not too big. You know, just a nice firm handful, ghetto booty is far too much for me."

But seriously... I've been single for so long I don't know what I need let alone want. Here's a new list I've made, not unlike the
list I made a couple years ago...

1)Makes me laugh. Somebody who 'gets' me and vice versa. Pam says "It's funny how everybody wants somebody who's smart and funny." Well, yeah, I don't want to be bored the rest of my life. But this is really hard. I've honestly only met 2 girls in my lifetime who were able to accomplish this. Perhaps that's why I've been single for so long... chasing a unicorn.

2)Is fun. Again, going with the 'don't want to be bored' theme. But this is very important, and is quite distinct from being funny. When I say fun, I mean, she's a pleasure to be around regardless of what we're doing. You know, snowboarding, canoeing, camping, fishing, at the museum/local art show, at a rock concert, watching a movie, cleaning the house, fighting crime, protecting the innocent, filing taxes... No matter what we're doing, her attitude should always be positive and enthusiastic. This obviously isn't possible all the time, so I'll give exceptions for heavy flow days. I'm a sensitive guy, what can I say?

3)Somebody who believes in me. I used to be so passionate about so many things. Now I'm an old cynical bastard. I want somebody who can show me the good in this world again, and make me believe that even one person can make a difference.

That's all there is. Is that so hard for a girl? Not really.

Yeah, I bet you're asking "But Neil, what about her looks? lol."

A winning smile always makes my heart skip a beat.

And I like a girl with nice boobs and a big ass - but not too big. You know, just a nice firm handful, ghetto booty is far too much for me.

But seriously.

I'm starting to think that I'm the reason I'm still single. I dunno why... I shower and brush my teeth everyday. I'm kind and courteous to every girl I meet. I think it's because I'm brown. Yeah, definitely. I just need to move to a place where people aren't so racist. Stupid honkeys.

But seriously.

Being single is so liberating. Watching other couples definitely teaches me a lot about myself and what I'd like in a relationship. There are some couples I've met that make me jealous of them, and there are far more couples I know that make me glad that I'm oh-so-very single. I think, to put it simply, I want a relationship like the former. It doesn't have to be all lovey-dovey all the time, just to the extent that when people see us together, they think we're crazy and made for each other and would always have good things to say about us. The kind of couple that people want to be around. A couple that impacts people positively and makes them absurdly jealous. Yeah? Well, back to unicorn chasing. I will cut off her horn, I will. Anybody see that movie 'Legend' with Tom Cruise? Never mind SHUT UP!



Carmen Kass is a supermodel and chess champion. In other words, if she was ugly, she'd still be rich. ;p

10 comments:

elisabeth b said...

well hello there neil. your comment was a funny and welcome suprise on my blog. glad to know you like reading my random inane comments on my life.

did you find some more info about shiftless mennonites?

when i asked my teammates about the name last year all i got was that it is a quote from the simpsons. and that's it. no big story. unless you are a mennonite, then it's funny, because mennos tend to work too hard at whatever they do - left over immigrant-came-here-with-nothing- industriousness i guess.

see you in a few weeks at ultimate - i'm off to the wild west for a little holiday tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

The unicorns in that flick should have fought back and impaled the bad guys more than zero times.

Anonymous said...

funny and fun are on the tippy top of my list too.
and yes, i care about how much he makes bc my 5 kids HAVE TO go to ivy league schools.

Leah said...

So...when you guys fight...that should be fun too, eh?

I thought no updates!

Anonymous said...

Hear, hear!

I think when you meet that special girl, though, you will naturally smile and laugh.

Anonymous said...

uhhuh.... wow that's neat. she's a super model and champion chess player. she's got talent.

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZFMWT0hIAg&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Exanga%2Ecom%2Fbabyjess

i think she's brown and i absolutely love her. I WANT 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

N.J. said...

HAHA James,
That's the best comment ever. It's not really funny in itself, but the way you worded and then imagining the way you say it in that deadpan voice makes me laugh.

Annie,
You want 5 brown kids eh... interesting.
And duly noted.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the comments, neil...I'll edit it as soon as I can...

hacking up brown/greenish stuff sounds really gross...I think I did that when I had bronchitis/pneumonia...hope you'll get better soon!

RPCC (Riley Park Community Centre) is the Community Centre I used to volunteer at. YW is for "Youth Worker"...I didn't want to write it out 'cause there were other people who read my xanga who knows who the YW is... :)

Anonymous said...

Heavey flow days, funny but wrong.